Friday, September 21, 2007

Health insurance

We learned at the September Staff Council meeting that the industry standard for health care coverage stands at an 80 to 20 ratio with the employer covering 80% of health care coverage costs and the employee picking up the remaining 20%. Currently, UA employees are paying for 8% of their coverage with UA paying 92%. We also learned our new Wellness program runs about a million per year, but HR estimates a 3 to 1 return value with significant claim reductions.

No comments: